Tracking the Reopening
NBWA Data to Help You Prepare for Reopening
Additional Data Resources
- Census Business Builder (CBB): The CBB is a suite of services that provide selected demographic and economic data from the Census Bureau tailored to specific types of users in a simple-to-access and use format. These data can drill down to zip code level views for a variety of economic and demographic insights. Here is more information on how to use the tool.
- State and Metro Area Employment, Hours and Earnings: The economic impacts of COVID-19 will have significant regional and industry-specific impacts. Some regions of the country will fare better than others. The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides detailed local area statics that will help you track your market.
- Apple Mobility Trends Reports: Learn about COVID-19 mobility trends in countries, regions and cities. Reports are published daily and reflect requests for directions in Apple Maps.
- Google Activity Tracker: As global communities respond to COVID-19, we've heard from public health officials that the same type of aggregated, anonymized insights we use in products such as Google Maps could be helpful as they make critical decisions to combat COVID-19. These Community Mobility Reports aim to provide insights into what has changed in response to policies aimed at combating COVID-19. The reports chart movement trends over time by geography and across different categories of places such as retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacies, parks, transit stations, workplaces and residential.
- Standard Occupation Classification: In an effort to help workforce and labor market information (LMI) professionals, as well as other state, community and economic researchers provide the best possible information to inform policymakers, the LMI Institute and C2ER has produced a list of Standard Occupation Classification (SOC) codes connected to critical infrastructure (e.g., essential) industries. The list is based on the Department of Homeland Security’s guidance for identifying the critical infrastructure workforce during COVID-19 response.
- National Association of Counties Map: This map is continuously updated as new declarations and policies are issued in counties across the country in response to COVID-19.
- National Restaurant Association State Action Page: This page provides links to all the state restaurant association homepages and guidance on current policies for reopening.
Please email Lester Jones with any questions or comments about the availability of economic and demographic data in your market area.